Saturday, October 24, 2015

Book discussion

Book discussions are back and I am so glad. I lead one and participate in two others.  I am honored to lead a discussion group at the Hampton Historical Society.  We have been discussing fiction and nonfiction history books. We started with Unbroken, followed by The Boys in the Boat and Dead Wake.  Our next scheduled title is the Quartet the second American Revolution.  It is challenge and a joy to discuss books with a narrow focus with a group so committed to the topics.

I participate in a women's book group called World of Stories in which we research and select novels or non fiction books on specific geographic areas.  Suffice to say, I would never have selected most of these books for my personal reading, but I have always come away with a new understanding about a different part of the world.

I have also participated in a book group that meets at a local brewery.  This group is eclectic, fun and lively.  The addition of beer doesn't hurt!

So join a book group, make some new friends and stimulate your mind in the  process!

Cheers,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment